Barcelona & Montserrat – combination day tour
See all the major attractions in Barcelona with skip-the-line tickets and visit the impressive and famous site of Montserrat – all in one day!
If you wish to enjoy a full day excursion that covers all the main highlights in and around Barcelona – this is the tour for you! This is a day packed with sights which include all the main highlights of Barcelona as well as a visit to the famous site of Montserrat, with its great mountain-top views and impressive Basilica (considered by some as the site of the holy grail).
*** NEW! Admission is now limited to a certain number of visitors per day at the famous Park Guell in Barcelona. If you have never been before this is a must-visit place and we can arrange for you skip-the-line tickets so you can walk pass the very long queues!
As with all our tours, we will arrange to personally pick you up from the hotel, cruise port, or the airport for either a private or small-group excursion.
We will begin the day by personally picking you up at the hotel or cruise-port. From there, we normally start with the site of Montjuic which offers impressive views over Barcelona. We then proceed to make our way to the famous Monastery of Montserrat and the beautiful basilica, and you will enjoy a safe and comfortable ride as well as excellent views as we make our way up the mountain. When we reach the top, like thousands of pilgrims before, you will be touched and inspired as you explore the magnificent mountain and its spectacular rock formations. Learn about the legend of the Black Virgin and enjoy a performance by the “La Escolanía”, which is the oldest children’s choir in Europe (if available). We will show you all the interesting points in & around the Park and will reveal the fascinating history behind this impressive site.
You can choose whether you want to take the funicular railway, do some walking on your own, shop for local cheese & jam, or just take in the amazing views for a little longer. After lunch (approx. 12 Euros extra if wanted) we will make our way through beautiful little scenic roads back to Barcelona to visit the major highlights of the city.
This is the best tour money can buy if you want to see as much as possible in one day. We are currently the only ones in Barcelona to offer this exclusive combination tour with personal pick-up and skip-the-line tickets!
These are some of the things you can expect on a typical Barcelona & Montserrat tour (the itinerary for private tours is flexible and you can choose other sights if wanted):
* La Sagrada Família – world-famous architectural masterpiece
* Park Güel – Gaudí’s Park with beautiful city views
* Passeig de Gràcia – Barcelona’s most luxurious strip
* La Pedrera / Casa Milà – Gaudí’s famous building in Barcelona
* Casa Batlló – Gaudí’s astounding contribution to Modernisimo
* Casa Amatller – part of the famous trio ‘Apple of Discord’
* Casa Morera – part of the famous trio ‘Apple of Discord’
* Plaza Espanya – the most impressive plaza in Barcelona
* The National Palace – an impressive site with great views
* The Olympic Ring – see where it all happened in 1992
* Montjuïc Castle – with history and overlooking the port
* The Columbus Monument – for the world-famous explorer
* Montserrat - most famous site outside of Barcelona with wonderful mountain views, impressive basilica at the top of the mountain, and on most days you can enjoy a memorable performance by Europe’s oldest children’s choir
Please note that we stop at the sites in the city and walk around for anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes depending on the site and your preferences. Our small-group tours are intimate, personal, and include pick-up and drop-off as part of the service.
We are very experienced with cruise passengers and will pick you up right from the pier. We can also keep your luggage safe and secure in the vehicle if needed!
The above tour includes:
We hope that you can join us for this great day trip. You can use the form below to find out about availability for your specific dates.
Contact us now – No payment needed